Routine checkups and routine dental procedures are as important as anything else we do.
To maintain good dental health it is important that you visit your dentist for regular checkups at least once a year.
These checkups help to maintain good dental health, and detect potential problems before they develop further.
During a dental checkup, your dentist will examine all parts of the mouth, gums and teeth. Should it be deemed necessary, an x-ray may be taken. These x-rays allow the dentist to inspect areas around the tooth invisible to the eye.
Following your examination, your dentist will discuss the findings with you. Where treatment is necessary, the dentist will advise you on all options available and together you can arrange suitable treatment/devise a treatment plan suitable for your needs.
Check-ups are important. They can...
1. Detect potential problems early on
2. Provide guidance and advice
3. Provide timely treatment
Teeth can and should last a lifetime. To achieve this you must…
1. Have regular dental checkups
2. Practice good oral hygiene (including regularly visiting the dental hygienist)
3. Follow a healthy lifestyle (avoiding smoking)
4. Follow a healthy diet (avoiding erosive sugary foods)
5. Avoid injury